Thursday, January 19, 2012

Quiche

I have a super tasty crustless quiche recipe that I got from a friend several years ago (thanks, TL!) but it's really rich and makes a lot of quiche.  Because Son #2 is allergic to eggs and can't even eat one single bite, I opted for a smaller quiche baked in a 9" pie dish.  Since I have an easy pie crust recipe, I opted for a quiche with a crust.  I had to adjust the new recipe I was trying because it seemed too "wet" so I added a little flour and baking powder and crossed my fingers in hopes it would turn out.  It did!

I found this "My No Roll Pie Crust" recipe a while back and it's the only pie crust I'll make.  It's easy, flaky, and ohhhhh sooooooo goooooooood!  I've used this crust for apple pie, berry pie, and now quiche.  This is the perfect crust! 

Easy Pie Crust

Yield:  1-  9" pie crust

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 c flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 c  canola oil (can use vegetable oil)
  • 2 tbs milk
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. Put dry ingredients in pie dish and mix together with a fork.
  3. Make a well in the center and add the oil and milk.
  4. Using a fork, carefully mix dry mixture into wet mixture and keep mixing until a ball is formed.
  5. Flatten and press into pie dish.
  6. Bake at 375F for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
  7. Makes one pie crust.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No photos as the quiche got eaten up before I could snap a pic.
Guess I have to make another quiche soon!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the quiche, it isn't an "eggy" quiche.  It's light, fluffy, and delicious.  My sister doesn't like eggs but she liked this quiche.  Good stuff!

Quiche

Yield:  1-  9" quiche

Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1 1/2 c  milk
  • 1 c shredded cheese
  • 3/4 c  sliced sausage  (can use ham, bacon, or veggies of choice)
  • 8 oz can diced green chile (optional)
  • 1/2 c flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1- 9" pie crust
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. Combine eggs, milk, cheese, sausage, and chile in mixing bowl.  Mix well.
  3. Add flour and baking powder to egg mixture and mix well.
  4. Pour into pie crust but don't over-fill.  Discard extra egg mixture.
  5. * Bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted into center of quiche comes out clean.
  6. After fully baked, let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
* NOTE:  I didn't want to cut into the quiche so I baked it for 1 hour.  To test for doneness, I gave the pie dish a little shake to see if the top was set or jiggly.  A fully cooked quiche shouldn't jiggle when you shake it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails