- 1 1/2 c oatmeal
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 c craisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prep two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
- Mash bananas in large bowl.
- Add apple sauce, craisins, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Stir in oatmeal.
- I used a Pampered Chef Medium Scoop to drop dough onto cookie sheets.
- Flatten cookies with your palm so they're shaped like cookies.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- When baked through, remove from oven, cool a few minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- When cooked, store in an airtight container.
The boys wanted chocolate chip cookies so I made this batch with 1/4 c craisins and a 1/4 c chocolate chips. The boys really liked the bites of chocolate and seemed like more of a "real" cookie. :)
If you don't think you'll eat these right away, you can freeze them. I froze two cookies side-by-side in wax paper, then wrapped in plastic wrap, put them in a ziploc, and then put them in the freezer. Take out the night before you eat them and they'll be ready the next morning. When ready to eat, warm for 20-30 seconds in the microwave. YUM!