Carrot Pineapple MuffinsYield: 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- coarse sugar crystals (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger together.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with a hand-held electric mixer in a large bowl, cream the butter on medium speed. With the speed on low, slowly add the sugar. Increase speed to medium high and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add apple sauce and crushed pineapple. Scrape down the bowl as necessary with rubber spatula.
- Add shredded carrots and beat until well combined. With the mixer set on low, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overbeat.
- Evenly divide the batter among the lined muffin cups and sprinkle a little sugar over the top of each if desired.
- Bake approximately 25-30 minutes in the center of the oven until light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove muffins from the pan and transfer to a rack to cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature. ENJOY!