4 chicken breasts cut into fourths
extra virgin olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped (Green or red peppers are great in this dish, too.)
1/2 tbs garlic, minced
jalapenos, chopped (remove seeds if you want less heat)
1- 15 oz can tomato sauce (I had 6 roasted Roma tomatoes so I pureed those with
the jalapenos in my food processor.)
3 oz tomato paste (Add if you want a thicker sauce.)
cumin (forgot to add but will add 1/2 tsp next time)
garlic salt and pepper to taste (green onions, optional)
- In large skillet over med. heat, add a little oil and saute onions, peppers and garlic for 3-5 mins then set aside.
- If making your own tomato sauce, add roasted tomatoes and jalapenos to food processor and pulse till smooth texture is achieved.
- In same skillet, sear chicken breasts over med. heat 3-4 mins per side or till browned on both sides.
- When chicken is browned, add onion mixture, tomato sauce (add tomato paste to chicken sauce if desired), garlic salt and pepper. Turn heat to low and simmer 30-40 mins. The longer you simmer, the better the flavor.
- Serve over rice, pasta or eat with tortillas. :) ENJOY!