Saturday, July 31, 2010

Kiss Cookies

When I made Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies for friends, I made a special batch of cookies for Son #2 because he's allergic to peanuts. I don't like to make foods he can't eat, but if I do, I always make a special allergy-free batch for him. He LOVES when I make special treats for him. :)

These cookies were soft, buttery and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! These cookies were so large we ended up with 8 cookies. I measured out one tablespoon of dough per cookie when I made the Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies and those were the perfect size. I'll do that with this batch next time...

These were tasty but the chocolate to cookie ratio was off.
Note: Use less dough and make bite-sized cookies.

Kiss Cookies

Yield: 8 large cookies, ~3" diameter (I recommend smaller cookies, ~1" diam.)

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 c powdered sugar
  • 1 stick butter
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 c flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
  2. In stand mixer bowl, combine powdered sugar and butter until thoroughly combined.
  3. Add vanilla and mix well.
  4. Gradually add flour and salt and mix until dough forms.
  5. I originally used a Pampered Chef medium scoop to measure out the dough which I turned out to be too much dough. I recommend using a tablespoon to measure out cookie dough balls: one leveled tbs per cookie, roll into ball and place on lined baking sheet 1-2 inches apart.
  6. Bake 13-15 mins or until lightly browned. Do NOT over-bake!
  7. Remove from oven and gently press unwrapped Hershey Kiss in center of each cookie.
  8. Return to oven and bake another 2-3 mins or till cookies are golden.
  9. Cool 5 mins on baking sheets then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. ENJOY!

Source: Adapted from Food Allergy Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails