Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Strawberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

When I came home with several boxes of store-bought cake mixes, Hubby raised an eyebrow and asked why I bought so many boxes. I explained they were my emergency mixes and he gave me a very funny look and asked how cake mix is considered "emergency food." I obviously didn't mean a real emergency, but an emergency in the sense that when pressed for time, I can whip up a quick dessert. Everyone should have an emergency box of cake mix in their cupboard!  ;)

We enjoyed an impromptu barbecue at my parents' house in honor of my sister's birthday. I had just enough time to throw these cupcakes together. Good stuff!  

YUM!

Happy Birthday, E!

Strawberry Cupcakes


Yield: 24 cupcakes

Ingredients:

  • Strawberry cake mix
  • 7-Up, 12 oz
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin pan.
  • Place cake mix in stand mixer bowl. Mix on low.
  • Slowly add 7-Up, increase mixer speed and mix completely.
  • Using a Pampered Chef medium scoop, add a scoopful of batter in muffin liner.
  • Bake on middle rack for 20-25 mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  • Cool in muffin pan for 5 mins and then transfer cupcakes to wire rack. Cool completely before frosting. ENJOY!
Cream Cheese Frosting

Yield: frosts 18-24 cupcakes

Ingredients:
  • 6 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 stick butter, softened
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
Directions:
  1. Add first three ingredients in med-large bowl and mix on medium speed with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
  2. Add powdered sugar and mix until desired frosting consistency is reached. Be sure cupcakes are fully cooled before frosting. ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails