Friday, July 30, 2010

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies

Although Son #2 has peanut allergies, I do have peanut butter in the house. My six year old can tolerate peanut products around him but he definitely cannot eat peanuts or nuts of any kind. Every time I open the peanut butter jar, I'm extremely careful to keep it contained and I wash everything immediately. If peanut products were life-threatening to my son, I most definitely would not have it in my house. 

Our friends were camping at Doheny State Beach so I baked them Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies. I wanted to use up the remaining peanut butter in the large, Costco-sized container and I had the perfect amount for these little cookies.

Stay tuned for an egg-free and peanut-free version of these cookies. That post is next! :)

Peanut Butter + Chocolate = Bliss

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies...
AKA Peanut Butter Blossoms

Yield: ~ 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 c flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
  • 4 tbs butter, room temp
  • 1/2 c packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 c sugar, for rolling
  • 32-34 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped (I used regular and caramel kisses.)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
  2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well and set aside.
  3. In low bowl, add 1/4 c sugar for rolling and set aside.
  4. In stand mixer bowl, add peanut butter and butter. Use paddle attachment and mix until smooth.
  5. Add brown sugar, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
  6. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture. Continue mixing until dough forms.
  7. Use a tablespoon to measure out cookie dough balls: one leveled tbs per cookie, roll into ball, roll each ball in sugar and place on lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
  8. Bake 8-9 mins. Cookies are lightly browned and slightly puffed up. Do NOT over-bake!
  9. Remove from oven and gently press unwrapped Hershey Kiss in center of each cookie.
  10. Return to oven and bake another 2-3 mins or till cookies are golden.
  11. Cool 5 mins on baking sheets then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. ENJOY!
Source: Adapted from Hershey's Kitchens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails