Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blueberry Mini Muffins

I baked muffins for the end-of-the year breakfast snack for my first grader, aka allergy boy. I made mini muffins this time and they were gobbled up by the first graders, their teacher and the parents, too. I baked throughout the year since Son #2 is allergic to eggs and can't eat store-bought treats. Baking has become "my thing." The teacher and parents who ate my goodies in the past said these blueberry muffins were my best yet. I have to agree. These were delish! 

The blueberries were bursting with flavor!

Perfect lil' mini muffins.

Blueberry Mini Muffins

Yield: 48 mini muffins

Ingredients:
  • 1 c rice milk (or soy milk or milk)
  • 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
  • 1 stick Nucoa margarine (or butter)
  • 1 c sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/2 c flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 c fresh blueberries
Directions:
  1. Measure out rice milk, add vinegar and set aside to let "curdle." If you prefer eggs, skip the milk/vinegar mixture and use 2 eggs.
  2. Preheat oven to 375F. Prep mini muffin pans with liners or spray with oil.
  3. In stand mixer bowl, cream together Nucoa (butter), sugar and vanilla.
  4. Add flour, salt and baking powder to butter mixture. Mix well.
  5. Gently fold in blueberries.
  6. Bake 12-15 mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in muffin pan for 5 mins before transferring to wire rack.
Source: Adapted from Vanilla & Lace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails