Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Raspberry Cupcakes with White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

I baked a festive dessert for our Memorial Day barbecue. In the past, I've made a flag cake with strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream but this year I wanted something different. Plus, I didn't have any of those ingredients so I had to come up with Plan B quickly because I was not about to go back to the store again.

I baked raspberry cupcakes with white chocolate frosting instead. I thought the cupcakes were a little on the dry side but everyone said they were great. Next time, I'll try this with my Vanilla Cupcake recipe because that's still my favorite. I also tried a new piping technique and it totally backfired. Twice! I was also tired because I was frosting at midnight so I resorted to a dollop of frosting instead. The frosting did help cut the dryness. :)

Eenie meenie minie moe...

Raspberries baked in the center with the open end up.

One raspberry wasn't enough so I topped the rest of the cupcakes with three raspberries each.


Nice warm raspberry center...ohhhhh yeah!

Raspberry Cupcakes with White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

Yield: 12 cupcakes

Ingredients:
  • 1 c raspberries, washed and dried
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/3 c butter, softened
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/8 c Canola oil (It was a little dry so increase to 1/4 c)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
dry:
  • 1 1/2 c flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line cupcake pan with liners.
  2. Measure out milk, add vinegar and set aside to let "curdle." If you prefer eggs, skip the milk/vinegar mixture and use 2 eggs.
  3. In stand mixer bowl, cream together butter, sugar, oil and vanilla.
  4. Measure out dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add to butter mixture.
  5. When cupcake mixture is combined well, slowly pour in milk/vinegar mixture and continue mixing. Do not over-mix.
  6. Fill liners 2/3 full using Pampered Chef medium scoop. Place one big raspberry in the center of each cupcake with the open end up. 
  7. Bake for 20-25 mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  8. Cool in cupcake pan for 8-10 mins and then transfer to wire rack. Cool completely before frosting.
White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

Yield: 12-18 cupcakes

Ingredients:
  • 1 c white chocolate chips 
  • 1/3 c butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbs shortening
  • 1 tbs milk (add only if frosting is too thick)
Directions:
  1. Melt white chocolate very slowly and carefully. It should be melted and not too hot. My chocolate was frozen so I did 30 second intervals in the microwave and stirred after each round.
  2. Add remaining ingredients in med bowl. Using hand mixer, mix until combined well. Add the melted white chocolate and mix till incorporated. Do not over-mix. If too thick, add a little milk.
  3. Frost cupcakes and ENJOY!
Source: Inspired by Purple Cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails