Monday, June 14, 2010

Craisin Maple Muffins

I hardly ever buy sour cream but I ended up with two tubs in my fridge. I buy items for a new recipe I want to try and sometimes I don't follow through with actually making it. I had one of those weeks.

There's only so much sour cream you can eat in one sitting when adding to soups, enchiladas or nachos. I was on a quest to find a recipe that would use up a good amount of sour cream. I found a few but these maple muffins were the first on my list. Priorities, I tell ya! These muffins were moist and delicious.




Craisin Maple Muffins

Yield: 18 muffins

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 c Craisins (dried cranberries or fruit of choice)
wet:
  • 1/2 stick butter, softened
  • 1 c sour cream
  • 1/2 c maple syrup
dry:
  • 1 3/4 c flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Directions:
  1. Measure out milk, add vinegar, mix and set aside to let "curdle." If you prefer eggs, skip the milk/vinegar mixture and use 2 eggs instead.
  2. Preheat oven to 375 and line muffin pan with liners.
  3. In stand mixer bowl, cream together wet ingredients.
  4. Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add Craisins last. Do not overmix.
  5. Fill liners 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 mins. 
  6. Cool in pan for 8-10 mins and then transfer to wire rack. 
Source: Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Kitchen Library Series, Muffins & Quick Breads, by John Phillip Carroll (Time-Life Books, 1993).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails