Monday, June 28, 2010

White Cupcakes with Blueberry Buttercream Frosting

I wanted an extraordinary dessert for Father's Day dinner. June 20th is also my Mom's Birthday so I wanted a special dessert for our family get-together. I wanted to save a little time so I used a box cake mix for my cupcakes. There's nothing wrong with making life a little easier if I can. :)

These cupcakes were so delicious. The blueberry buttercream frosting was great even though the blueberry puree didn't fully blend together with the buttercream. I'll try to get the consistency right when I bake these again for a Fourth of July dessert.

The Tiers.

Mmmm...blueberries...

White Cupcakes

Yield: 24 cupcakes

Ingredients:
  • White Cake box mix
  • 12 oz 7-Up
  • 1/2 stick butter, softened
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin pan.
  • Place cake mix in stand mixer bowl. Mix on low.
  • Slowly add 7-Up, increase mixer speed and mix completely.
  • Using a Pampered Chef medium scoop, add a scoopful of batter in muffin liner.
  • Bake on middle rack for 20-25 mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  • Cool in muffin pan for 5 mins and then transfer cupcakes to wire rack. Cool completely before frosting. ENJOY!
Blueberry Buttercream Frosting

Yield: Frosting for 18-24 cupcakes

Ingredients:
  • 3 tbs blueberry puree
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. In stand mixer bowl, beat butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. 
  2. Reduce speed to low and slowly add powdered sugar. Mix well.
  3. Add vanilla and blueberry puree and mix until blended. 
  4. Frost cupcakes and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails