Thursday, June 3, 2010

Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was undecided between chocolate chip cookies and double chocolate chip cookies so I asked Hubby to choose. He looked at me as if I were crazy. He's a chocoholic (takes one to know one) so he was shocked that I even asked because the answer was so obvious. In all honesty, I just needed someone to blame for all the chocolatey goodness that I knew was about to ensue. 

These cookies were awesome and everyone enjoyed them. I heard lots of ooohs and ahhhhs with every bite. Love it! Now I can point a finger and say, "He made me do it!" Yup. It's all Hubby's fault. ;) I'm warning you. These cookies are rich and super chocolatey. I added too many a lot of chocolate chips so I wasn't sure if the cookies would actually hold together but they did. Decadent, delicious and dangerous, for sure! Yuh-uhhh-UMMMM!!!

Mmmmmmm...chocolate.......

Chocolate overdose...the BEST!
(drooooooool)

Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yield: 24 cookies, approx. 2" in diameter

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 1/2 tsp vinegar
  • 1/3 c butter, softened
  • 1/4 c brown sugar
  • 1/4 c sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 c flour
  • 1/4 c cocoa powder
  •  1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 c chocolate chips (can reduce to 1 c - 1 1/2 c depending on chocolate preference)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. Measure out milk, add vinegar and set aside to let "curdle." If you prefer eggs, skip the milk/vinegar mixture and use 2 eggs instead.
  3. In stand mixer bowl, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla till thoroughly incorporated.
  4. Measure flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Mix well.
  5. Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix well.
  6. Add milk/vinegar mixture (or eggs).  Mix thoroughly.
  7. Add chocolate chips. Stir well.
  8. Use Pampered Chef medium scoop and drop scoopfuls onto lined baking sheets. Press cookie dough down until desired thickness is reached.
  9. Bake 8-10 mins for soft, chewy cookie. Cool 5 mins on baking sheet and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails