Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 24 cookies, approx. 2" in diameter
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/3 c butter, softened
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c flour
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 c chocolate chips (can reduce to 1 c - 1 1/2 c depending on chocolate preference)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Measure out milk, add vinegar and set aside to let "curdle." If you prefer eggs, skip the milk/vinegar mixture and use 2 eggs instead.
- In stand mixer bowl, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla till thoroughly incorporated.
- Measure flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix well.
- Add milk/vinegar mixture (or eggs). Mix thoroughly.
- Add chocolate chips. Stir well.
- Use Pampered Chef medium scoop and drop scoopfuls onto lined baking sheets. Press cookie dough down until desired thickness is reached.
- Bake 8-10 mins for soft, chewy cookie. Cool 5 mins on baking sheet and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.