"Mrs. Field's" Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 112 cookies (I ended up with 7 dozen 2" cookies)
- 2 c butter (I used 1 1/2 c)
- 2 c sugar (I used 1 1/2 c)
- 2 c brown sugar (I used 1 1/2 c)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 c flour
- 5 c oatmeal (use food processor and process into powder)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder (2.5 tsp for softer cookies)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 24 oz chocolate chips
- 8 oz Hershey bar, grated (I omitted)
- 3 c chopped nuts (I omitted)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Process oatmeal into powder and put in stand mixer bowl. Add flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix thoroughly.
- Add chocolate chips, grated chocolate and nuts and mix until incorporated.
- Use Pampered Chef Medium Scoop and drop scoopfuls onto lined baking sheet. Press cookie dough down until desired thickness is reached.
- Bake 6-8 mins. Do not over-bake. Cool 5 mins on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. ENJOY!