Wednesday, June 23, 2010

White Chocolate Coconut Cookies

I'm not a white chocolate fan but I had some white chocolate chips that needed to get used up. Key word "needed." Yeah, right. Ha! I asked my boys if they wanted white chocolate cranberry or white chocolate coconut and they requested coconut. Since I'm not into white chocolate, I only ate a couple cookies. I wouldn't have eaten any but I figured I should see how they turned out. My waist-line is definitely thanking me for not eating any more than that. :) I really liked the browner cookies with the toasty coconut crispies and burned marshmallowy-like white chocolate chips. Those were pretty darn good.

This was my first batch of cookies on my brand new Silpat.
That thing is awesome!

See the browned edges? 
Those little toasty coconut crunchies are delicious.

Tower of tasty cookies.

White Chocolate Coconut Cookies

Yield: 18 cookies

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 c white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
wet:
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
dry:
  • 1 c flour
  • 1 c self-rising flour*
  • 1 c sweetened, shredded coconut
Directions:
  1. * Self-rising flour: You can make your own self-rising flour: sift together 1 c flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
  2. Preheat oven to 350F. Prep baking sheets with parchment paper or a handy dandy Silpat.
  3. Measure out milk, add vinegar and set aside to let "curdle." If you prefer eggs, skip the milk/vinegar mixture and use 2 eggs instead.
  4. Measure out wet ingredients and add to stand mixer bowl. Mix using paddle attachment until thoroughly combined. 
  5. Add dry ingredients and mix well till dough forms. Add milk/vinegar mixture and stir well. Add white chocolate chips last and incorporate into dough.
  6. Use Pampered Chef medium scoop and place on prepared baking sheet. Flatten to desired cookie thickness and place 1" apart on baking sheet. Bake for 10-14 mins.  Cookies should be browned on bottom.
Source: Adapted from Once Upon a Plate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails