All of my recipes are egg-free. The only cake I have yet to bake eggless is the Chocoflan. Some day, I'll work on that. I have learned several techniques for egg-free baking thanks to Post Punk Kitchen and Madhuram's Eggless Cooking. If baking vegan, use soy milk instead of milk and Nucoa instead of butter. Easy peasy!
- 1 c sugar (I used 1/2 c organic cane sugar)
- 1 stick butter (I used 1/2 stick), room temp.
- 2 eggs (I omit due to son's egg allergy)
- 2-3 bananas (I always use 3-4), mashed
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 c chopped nuts (optional)- I avoid due to son's treenut allergies)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Mix together sugar, butter, eggs and bananas.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Then add to banana mixture. I avoid dirtying an extra bowl and put remaining ingredients directly into the banana mixture.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Bake at 350F for ~1 hr. Test for doneness with toothpick.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving. ENJOY!
Egg-free links: Post Punk Kitchen and Madhuram's Eggless Cooking