Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chocolate Cookie Crunch

I made chocolate cookie bark a couple years ago at Christmas time as thank you gifts for Son #1's Room Moms and Teacher. The little baggies of chocolatey cookie goodness were a HIT! You know it's good when someone asks you for the recipe. This cookie bark is DELISH!

We're chocoholics so I'm very careful about how much chocolate I have in the house at any given time. I wanted to serve a yummy chocolate treat for my Bunco group so I made chocolate cookie crunch for the special occasion. The Buncolicious Babes absolutely LOVED it! :)

I wanted a chocolatey, crunchy treat so I didn't spread out the chocolate in a thin "bark" layer as I did in the past and I also doubled the cookies for more crunch. It tasted great! I even made a vegan version for my friend. I set aside semi-sweet chocolate with cookies and omitted the white "chocolate."

YUM YUM YUM!

This definitely satisfied our chocolate craving!

Chocolate Cookie Crunch

Yield: 12-14 servings

Ingredients:
Directions:
  1. Put Oreos in ziploc bag and crush cookies with rolling pin.
  2. Melt white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate in separate bowls. I microwaved 3 mins and stopped and stirred after each minute. Add half the crushed cookies to each bowl and mix well.
  3. Line baking sheet with wax paper and drop spoonfuls of chocolate mixtures, alternating colors of chocolates. Cut through chocolate mixtures with butter knife for marbled effect.
  4. Refrigerate 1+ hrs or until firm. Break into pieces and serve.
Source: Adapted from kraftfoods.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails