I make guacamole when I have get-togethers and friends always LOVE this dip. I refill the bowl several times, and by the end of the evening, the guac is GONE. The bowl is always scraped clean. It's that good! Occasionally, a friend will ask me how to make guacamole. It's so simple but I must admit it took me many-a-batches before I got my flavors the way I like it. Here it is...
- 4-5 ripe Haas avocados, sliced in half and pitted
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2-3 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and diced (Hubby would prefer tomato-less guac, but since I'm the one making the dip and I love tomatoes, they're goin' in!)
- 3-4 jalapenos, seeded and minced (I prefer serrano or habanero peppers but they're too spicy for my kids)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- cilantro (amount is up to you but I use half a bundle), washed and chopped
- 2-4 limes, juiced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large bowl, use spoon to scoop out flesh of avocado. Use spoon or fork to gently mash avocado but leave it a little chunky.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hr before serving to let flavors mingle.