Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cooked Greens

I've had crazy cravings for veggies and greens the past couple of weeks. I can't seem to consume enough veggies lately. How weird is that? Who the heck craves veggies? Better that than chocolate so I'm not complaining but I just found it odd. Luckily, this week was my CSA basket week and I picked up LOTS of yummy fruits and veggies. 

I wasn't in the mood for a salad so I cooked up some greens and made a warm salad using beet greens and kale. It was simple, delicious and fulfilled my greens craving. At least for tonight. :)

I made this after my boys went to bed so I saved half the greens for them to eat the next day. Friends always ask if my boys really eat all the stuff I make. YES. Yes, they do. Even if it's something they don't particularly care for, they'll still eat 3-5 bites just to get their veggies in. They eat it together with something they do like so it goes down easier. I'm super lucky to have boys that love to eat. :)

Son #1 picked out all the garlic so he could eat those first.
He LOVES garlic!

Cooked Greens

Yield: 2 servings

Ingredients:
  • 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
  • beet greens, chopped
  • kale, chopped
  • broccoli
  • 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar
  • sea salt, to taste
Directions:
  1. Heat oil over med-high heat.
  2. Add garlic and saute for 2-3 mins.
  3. Add greens, kale and broccoli. Saute for 3-5 mins.
  4. Remove from heat and stir in balsamic vinegar. Add a pinch of sea salt if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails