Friday, May 21, 2010

Roasted Turnips

When I picked up my CSA basket, the Trade-In basket was full of turnips. Apparently, there are lots of people who don't care for them. I remember eating turnips when I was a little girl so I traded my parsley for more turnips. I wasn't sure if I liked them or what I was going to do with them but I brought them home anyways. I roasted them and made a dijon mustard sauce to toss them in. The turnips were still a bit crunchy, which I liked, but they probably would've been tasty if they were roasted just a little bit longer as the turnips had a bit of a bite. I ate them anyways, and as I took each bite, I wasn't sure what to really think of them. They weren't bad but they weren't spectacular either. I'll have to give them another try at some point.



Roasted Turnips with Dijon Sauce

Yield: 3-4 servings


Ingredients: 


  • turnips, 2 bunches
  • 1 tbs Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tbs white balsamic vinegar
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 325 F. Wash and prep turnips.
  2. In small bowl, mix dijon mustard and vinegar.
  3. Place foil on baking sheet and spray with oil.  Place turnips on foil.
  4. Bake 45 mins - 1 hr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails