I had 2 bunches of swiss chard in my CSA basket so I used that instead of kale. It was a fast and easy way to eat up the chard. Chard "chips" were actually pretty tasty. It was salty and crispy and reminded us of Korean Roasted Laver (seaweed).
yield: 4+ servings
- 1-2 bunches swiss chard (can also use kale)
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Prep swiss chard. Wash, dry and chop.
- Preheat oven to 250F (I think 300F would've been a better temp). Prep baking sheet(s) with aluminum foil and spray with oil.
- Place chard in large bowl and toss with oil and salt. Don't overdo the oil or the chard will be soggy.
- Lay out chard in single layer on baking sheets. Bake for 30-40 mins or till chard gets crispy. ENJOY!