Beets are so delicious but Hubby still thinks they taste like dirt. I prefer them steamed "au natural" but I added a little honey to get the boys to eat more than their usual portion. It worked. :)
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 6-8 beets, small-medium size (saute the beet greens towards the end if they're fresh)
- 1/4 c water (more or less depending on amount of beets)
- 1 tbs honey
- Wash beets and peel if desired. When I'm feeling lazy, I give the beets a good scrub and leave the skin on.
- Remove beet greens and slice beets. If beet greens are fresh, wash, chop and set aside.
- Add beets and water in saute pan over med-low heat. Water should not cover beets completely. Steam for 15-20 mins. Add more water if necessary and give beets a good stir a few times.
- Add beet greens during last 8-10 mins of cook time.
- Drain water and drizzle honey on beets. Serve warm or cold. ENJOY!