Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Crockpot Chicken

I was busy preparing Mother's Day dinner and trying to clean the house at the same time. I was fixing lots of little things throughout the house and adding finishing touches here and there to get our home ready for listing. Since I've been busy prepping the house, I haven't been cooking much. Now that our house is listed and needs to remain spotless and model home-like, I'm not wanting to cook and make a mess. Oh well. Gotta provide healthy meals for the fam so it's time to get back in the kitchen!

I was pressed for time when I made Mother's Day dinner, so rather than taking the time to grill the chicken, I threw it in the crockpot. That gave me time to make an appetizer, sides and a dessert while continuing to clean. That day reminded me of a Mommy email that was circulating a few years back. I hope to dig it up out of my email archives because it was a great one about how a mommy never gets things done because she's constantly distracted as she does one thing which leads to another and then another, meanwhile getting nothing done at all. That's how my day went except somehow I was able to get dinner on the table. I was running an hour behind schedule but it all worked out and dinner DID get served so nobody complained. :)

I chose enchiladas as the main because they're so fast and easy to whip up. Easy, delicious and flavorful. This chicken is great for a variety of meal options. Serve the chicken with side dishes and use the leftover chicken in soups, salads, quesadillas, burritos, sandwiches, enchiladas, nachos, whatever! So many meal options. If you have a lot of leftovers, freeze small portions in ziploc baggies to avoid chicken burn-out. It's great to have frozen cooked chicken for quick meals another day. It's all about fast and easy when you're busy. ;)

Tasty. Tender. Terrific.

Crockpot Chicken

Yield: 4-6 servings

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb (or more) chicken tenders
  • 16 oz chunky salsa
  • 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
  • 4-6 garlic cloves
  • 1 blood orange, juiced
  • 1 navel orange, juiced
Directions:
  1. Place chicken in crockpot.
  2. Add remaining ingredients on top of chicken.
  3. Cover crockpot and cook for 6-8 hrs on low.
  4. When done, shred chicken while it's hot (optional). ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails