Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 lb pasta
- 1/2 lb chicken (I used leftover Crockpot Chicken)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 c cooked greens
- 1- 15 oz tomato sauce (if you like a lot of sauce, add another can)
- 1- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1/2 - 3/4 c half and half
- shredded parmesan cheese, optional
- Boil large pot of water and cook pasta according to directions till al dente. Drain, add a little extra virgin olive oil, toss well, cover pot and set aside.
- In large pan, heat leftover chicken over med-high heat. If you don't have leftover chicken, boil or grill the chicken you have.
- Turn heat to low and saute garlic and zucchini about 3-5 mins. Add to chicken.
- Add tomato sauce and tomato paste to zucchini/chicken mixture and stir well. Add half and half and mix thoroughly.
- Add cooked greens to sauce mixture and heat through.
- Place pasta on serving plate, top with sauce mixture and parm and ENJOY!