Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce

When we go out for Italian, we go to Romano's. Let me clarify that it is not affiliated with Romano's Macaroni Grill. Our Romano's is a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant in a strip mall about 5 mins from our home. I try to order a new dish whenever we eat there and I have yet to be disappointed. So far, EVERYTHING I've tried has been dangerously delicious. My last meal ordered at Romano's was penne pasta in a creamy tomato sauce. It was so good that Son #1 ate my leftovers for breakfast. I had to replicate the sauce so this was my first attempt. Not bad for my first try. The boys ate it up. Yes, the greens and all!!!

E 'delizioso!
I loved this thick, chunky sauce with all the veggies.

Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce

Yield: 6-8 servings

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb pasta
  • 1/2 lb chicken (I used leftover Crockpot Chicken)
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 zucchini, diced
  • 1 c cooked greens
  • 1- 15 oz tomato sauce (if you like a lot of sauce, add another can)
  • 1- 6 oz tomato paste
  • 1/2 - 3/4 c half and half
  • shredded parmesan cheese, optional
Directions:
  1. Boil large pot of water and cook pasta according to directions till al dente. Drain, add a little extra virgin olive oil, toss well, cover pot and set aside.
  2. In large pan, heat leftover chicken over med-high heat. If you don't have leftover chicken, boil or grill the chicken you have.
  3. Turn heat to low and saute garlic and zucchini about 3-5 mins. Add to chicken.
  4. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste to zucchini/chicken mixture and stir well. Add half and half and mix thoroughly.
  5. Add cooked greens to sauce mixture and heat through.
  6. Place pasta on serving plate, top with sauce mixture and parm and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails