Friday, April 30, 2010

Double Chocolate Caramel Cookies

I had so much going on this past week. Between the craziness in our school district and the house projects that have been going on, it was a wacky week indeed. It's been stressful to say the least and I needed chocolate. I needed LOTS of chocolate! I needed something sweet and scrumptious to satisfy my sweet tooth and to comfort me during this weird week. These were brownie-like and absolutely DELISH. These double chocolate caramel cookies hit the spot! 

Yums.

A pool of sweet caramel.

Chococaramelicious.


Double Chocolate Caramel Cookies

Yield: 18 cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1 c flour
  • 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 5 tbs butter, softened
  • 2/3 c sugar
  • 1/3 c plain yogurt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 c mini chocolate chips
  • 1- 5 oz package Milk Duds
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Place parchment paper on baking sheet or use Silpat.
  2. In stand mixer bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and combine well.
  3. Add butter, sugar, yogurt and vanilla. Mix on low until thoroughly mixed.
  4. Fold in chocolate chips and Milk Duds.
  5. Use Pampered Chef medium scoop and drop cookie dough on lined baking sheet about 2" apart.
  6. Bake 12-14 mins. Warning: the melted caramel is very hot and sticky. Cool before handling the cookies.
Source: Adapted from Martha Stewart Living, June 2005

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Anne! Can't wait to make some of these, I need all the help I can get. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dawn Marie! Let me know what you make. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails