Monday, April 26, 2010

Chicken Piccata

Here's the chicken piccata recipe from my in-laws' 41st wedding anniversary dinner. I thought I had chicken breasts in the fridge but they were actually thighs. It was too late to run out and get chicken breasts so I made chicken piccata with thighs. It was delicious! We ALL loved this!

Oh, capers!


My in-laws LOVED their special dinner I made them. :)

Chicken Piccata

Yield: 6-8 servings

Ingredients:
  • approx. 15 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 3 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/3 c flour
  • salt and pepper 
  • 3-4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbs butter (I omitted)
sauce:
  • 2 tbs butter (I omitted)
  • 3/4 c white wine
  • 4 tbs Meyer lemon juice
  • 1/4 c capers (I like to add more)
  • handful parsley, chopped (I forgot to add it)
Directions:
  1. Mix Parmesan, flour, salt and pepper in a low bowl.
  2. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Dredge in flour mixture until well coated.
  3. Heat oil and 2 tbs butter in large skillet on med-high heat. Add chicken pieces but do not crowd the pan. Brown well on each side about 3 mins per side.
  4. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm in oven. Cook rest of chicken and keep warm.
  5. When all chicken has been cooked, prepare the sauce. Add wine, lemon juice and capers to same skillet. Use spatula to scrape up browned bits. Reduce sauce by half then add 2 tbs butter.
  6. Plate chicken and serve with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
Source: Adapted from Simply Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails