Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Feta and Red Pepper Dip

We invited friends over for dinner and I wanted to serve a dip of some sort. Since I still have Costco-sized Feta Cheese, Sundried Tomatoes and a mixture of red, orange and yellow peppers, I wanted to incorporate all of that into our dinner menu. I made a Greek feta dip and served it with fresh peppers, carrots and crackers. It got rave reviews from our friends. Because it was so good, I made another batch the next day for our family get-together but used yellow peppers as I was out of the red ones. It was just as tasty as the red pepper batch and I got lots of compliments from the extended fam, too. Yummy yum yum! This has a nice kick...it's similar to Daphne's Greek Cafe's Fire Feta spread. I'll try that next time with homemade gyros. :)

The chilis give the dip a fabulous kick!

Feta and Red Pepper Dip (Htipiti)

Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz feta cheese
  • 2 red peppers, seeded and roasted (This was good with roasted yellow peppers, too.)
  • 2 serrano chilis, seeded and roasted
  • 6-8 sundried tomatoes in olive oil
  • 1 tbs garlic, minced
  • 2 tbs lemon juice
  • 1/4 c kalamata olives, diced
Directions:
  1. Remove seeds from peppers and chilis. Slice peppers and roast peppers and chilis at 350 for 30 mins.
  2. Add ingredients in food processor and process until smooth consistency is reached. If mixture is too thick and not blending well, add 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
  3. Top with diced kalamata olives before serving.
  4. Enjoy with crackers, veggies, spread on a sandwich or a gyro.
Source: Adapted from Closet Cooking

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a feta dip before - I would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...I couldn't stop eating this. It's THAT good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails