Friday, April 2, 2010

Fiesta Chicken

I was feeling lazy and didn't want to cook dinner but there were four chicken breasts that had to get eaten. I needed an easy chicken recipe so I checked my fridge and threw something together. I had about a cup of smokey chipotle salsa that I wanted to use up as well. If I could simmer pork in salsa to make carnitas, I figured I could do that with chicken, too. This dish was super easy and tasted great!

I made a really nice mixed green salad and topped it with sliced Fiesta Chicken.
Hubby ate his chicken in a quesadilla.
This was yummy! 

I made *grilled chicken burritos for the boys.

Fiesta Chicken

Yield: 4-5 servings

Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tbs garlic, minced
  • 1 c smokey chipotle salsa (or salsa of choice)
Directions:
  1. Heat oil over med-high heat. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 mins.
  2. Add chicken and brown all sides.
  3. Top chicken with salsa and turn heat to low.
  4. Simmer chicken and salsa for 1.5 hrs or till cooked through.
  5. Eat as is, shredded or sliced in quesadillas, burritos, on salads, nachos or in soups. DELISH!
Note: *To make grilled burritos, add the following on a tortilla: chicken, black beans, onions, cilantro, lettuce and shredded cheese. Preheat pan over med-high and spray with oil. Fold both ends in and wrap burrito. Place burritos in pan, cover and turn down heat to med-low. Flip every 2 mins and brown all sides of burrito. The boys love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails