Best Burger Buns
Yield: 8 buns, 4-5" in diameter
- 3 tbs warm milk
- 1 c warm water (if it's too hot, it'll kill the yeast)
- 2 tsp rapid rise yeast
- 2 1/2 tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 c bread flour
- 1/3 c all purpose flour
- 2 tbs butter, softened
- (honey and toasted sesame seeds for topping)
- In stand mixer bowl, add milk, water, yeast, sugar and salt. Use paddle attachment and mix to combine. Add flours and mix on low until incorporated.
- Switch to dough hook and add butter. Knead on low for 8-10 mins.
- Lift dough out of bowl and lightly spray the bowl with oil. Put dough back in bowl and cover with clean, damp towel. Let rise in warm, draft-free area till doubled in size about 1 hr. If rushed, turn on your countertop convection/toaster oven to "warm" and place bowl with dough on top of unit. Let rise for 30-40 mins.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour Roul'Pat and roll out dough after it doubled in size into rectangular shape. Use a pizza cutter and gently cut dough into 8 equal parts.
- Roll each portion into ball and place on baking sheet. Place buns 2-3" apart. Let rise again for 1 hr until nearly doubled in size again. If using "rapid rise method," set countertop convection/toaster oven to "warm" and place baking sheet with rolls on top of unit. Let rise for 30-40 mins.
- Fill 13x9" pan with water and place on bottom rack. Preheat oven to 400F and put empty rack in center.
- Brush tops of buns with honey and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 mins or till tops are golden brown.
- Cool completely then ENJOY! I made yellowtail "burgers" for these buns. SOOO yummy!