I love curry and I love coconut so it's not a surprise that I absolutely LOVE coconut curry chicken. YUMMMMMMM!!! I used regular curry powder so I could feed my kids this dish, too. They ate it up! Next time, I'll set aside a small batch for the boys and then kick up the heat with Madras curry powder for Hubby and myself. If I had a little more time, I would've thickened the sauce and added more curry but it was really great as is. :) I'm positive the curry would've been better on Day 2 after the flavors had a chance to meld together but we didn't have any leftovers to prove it. It was that good!
This dish is fast and easy to put together. I had to prep a quick meal before the cabinet guy and contractor came over. Since I've been cooking so much, a kitchen remodel may be in our near future. I'm SO excited! I'm quadruple crossing fingers and toes hoping that we can make this happen. :)
- 4-5 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbs garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbs curry powder (use Madras Curry if you love spicy curry)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1- 15oz can light coconut milk
- 1 c fresh *basil chiffonade
- Prepare **rice.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in large non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add onion and saute 3-4 mins. Add basil and stir for 1 min. Set aside in bowl and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp oil in same skillet over med-high heat. Add garlic, curry powder and salt and stir for 1 min.
- Add chicken and stir fry for 4-5 mins.
- Add coconut milk, stir constantly and cook another 4-5 mins or until chicken is done. Stir in *basil chiffonade and mix well.
- Serve over rice. Curry is great over noodles, too.