I really like greens so this is a great veggie for me. In fact, I'll try using this for wraps next time as the lettuce I use (green/red leaf lettuce or romaine) falls apart because my boys overstuff them. This hearty green leaf should hold up well for them.
- 1 bunch greens, sliced diagonally in 1-2" widths
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 c celery, sliced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger (use 1 tbs fresh minced ginger if you have it)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine soy sauce and sesame seeds in small bowl and set aside.
- Prep veggies and then heat non-stick skillet over high heat. Add a little sesame oil and cook garlic and ginger. Reduce heat to med-high and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add veggies and stir 2-3 mins or until greens are wilted.
- Add soy sauce mixture, stir and cover. Steam for 3-4 mins. Serve immediately.
Source: Adapted from South Coast Farms' recipe