Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Swiss Chard

I got another beautiful bunch of swiss chard in my CSA basket. I LOVE that stuff! Like spinach, when you saute the chard, the amount is reduced by about half so it seems like a more manageable portion to eat when cooked up. :)

There was a little marsala sauce left in my skillet from the pork marsala so I gave the chard a quick saute. It turned out GREAT! My Hubby is not a big veggie eater yet he ate 2-3 nibbles of the chard so I KNOW it was delish!

I love greens.

I love chard on its own but this portion got tossed into some bow tie pasta. Yums.


Swiss Chard with Garlic Marsala Sauce

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:
  • 1 bunch Swiss Chard, washed and chopped
sauce:
  • 1 tsp garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp lemon juice, fresh
  • 2 tbs Marsala wine
Directions:
  1. In med-large skillet, heat sauce ingredients for 2 mins over med heat. 
  2. Add chard and saute for 1 min. Turn off heat and continue to stir chard in the sauce.
  3. Eat as is or enjoy with pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails