Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pork Tenderloin

Dinner plans consisted of grilling pork tenderloin but I wasn't sure what "flavor" I wanted so I checked the contents of my fridge for ideas. I have lots of veggies from my CSA basket so I picked swiss chard for a stir fried veggie dish and figured the Hoisin Sauce would complement that well. I bought Hoisin for the first time last month when I made General Tso's Chicken and was impressed by the flavors of the sweet sauce. The Hoisin pork I grilled, like the chicken dish, did NOT disappoint. Another successful dinner...HOORAY!

Grilled to perfection.

Hoisin Pork Tenderloin

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:
  • 4 pork tenderloins 
marinade:
  • 1 tbs soy sauce
  • 1 tbs hoisin sauce
  • 1 tbs sake
  • 1/8 tsp ground ginger (use 1 tsp fresh ginger root if you have it)
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbs minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp sesame oil
Directions:
  1. In 8x8x8" glass dish (or ziploc bag), add marinade ingredients and mix thoroughly.
  2. Add pork to marinade and turn several times to coat well.
  3. Cover, refrigerate and marinate at least 2 hours. For best flavor, marinate overnight.
  4. Grill on low heat for 20 mins, turning every 5 mins. Let stand for 5 mins before serving. Serve as is or slice at an angle into thin slices.
Notes: If baking the pork, uncover and place the cold dish in the oven. I let the refrigerated dish preheat with the oven as I'm afraid a cold dish in a hot oven will cause the dish to explode. :) Set oven to 375F and bake for 20-25 mins.

Source: Adapted from allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails