Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Curry Meatballs

I love curry. Spicy, mild, Indian, Thai, Japanese curry...it's all good! I love spicy curry, but because I want my boys to eat what I make, I can't make my dishes too spicy. These turned out pretty good but would recommend making a sauce to go with it. Next time, I'll make a side of curry sauce or serve with Sweet Chili Sauce. Yum.

My fam LOVED this!


I ate four meatballs...Hubby and my boys ate the rest!
We enjoyed this with a side of rice, orange bell peppers and a salad. :)

Curry Turkey Meatballs

Yield: 20+ turkey meatballs

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground turkey (or ground beef)
  • 1/2 med red onion (used brown onion)
  • 2-4 tsp curry powder (or Madras curry)
  • 1/2 - 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tbs garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c panko bread crumbs
  • 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. In large bowl, combine all ingredients (except for olive oil). Mix until mixed well.
  3. Roll into 20+ meatballs. I used Pampered Chef's Medium Scoop to make the meatballs. 
  4. Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Cook in batches till browned on all sides. Transfer to baking dish and bake for 15-20 mins or till cooked through. ENJOY!
Source: Adapted from Life's Ambrosia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails