Monday, March 8, 2010

Pork Marsala

When I feel like we're coming down with something, I cook with extra garlic. I consider it nature's antibiotic and I believe it's kept us very healthy thus far. Whoa, I really sound like my Mom but I finally believe her after all these years. Garlic definitely has its benefits.

Illnesses for Hubby and Son #2 always start by late Oct., however, this year they've both stayed healthy. Son #2 had a sinus infection a couple weeks ago but that's it. Nothing else. Even with H1N1 (he could not get inoculated due to his severe egg allergy) and all the other ickies that go around at the schools, my boys have stayed healthy. Thank goodness!

We may reek of garlic but that's a small price to pay for good health. :) I always cook with garlic, but when I know a cold or some other illness is inevitable, I add TONS of garlic to our meals. I've been a bit congested, so rather than going to the Dr. right away, I made a meal with extra garlic. The pork tenderloin with garlic marsala sauce was just what I needed. I sauteed a little swiss chard in the same sauce and tossed it with the bow ties. YUM!

This hit the spot.

Pork Marsala

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:
  • 4 pork tenderloins (1/2" slices)
  • 1 tbs flour
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • 2 tbs flat Italian parsley, chopped
sauce:
  • 2 tbs garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh 
  • 1 c Marsala wine
Directions:
  1. Lightly flour pork tenderloins.
  2. Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat.
  3. Add pork and cook 3-4 mins per side till browned.
  4. Remove from skillet, cover and keep warm.
  5. Add garlic to skillet and cook 1-2 mins. Add wine and cook 3 mins.
  6. Add pork back to garlic wine sauce and cook 3-4 mins until pork is cooked through and the sauce is cooked down a bit.
  7. When plating the pork, pour some sauce on top and sprinkle with parsley. ENJOY!
TIP: If you're sick more often than not, add a little garlic to your meals. Changing our diet has helped us maintain good health. Even my 6 year old who has asthma and a weakened immune system has managed to stay very healthy this winter season. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails