Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Beef Stock

I got my Emeril Stock Pot from my Mom. It's not the soup pot with the pour spout but I L-O-V-E LOVE it! I've made several pots of chicken stock, soups, stews, marinara sauce, and now beef stock, too. I used the shortrib bones from our Korean Kalbi Beef dinner. YUH-UMMM!


My first attempt at beef stock. So far, so good. The house smells wonderful!

Beef Stock:

Ingredients:
beef bones
water, enough to cover bones
1 onion, quartered
2-3 celery stalks, cut into 3" pieces
2-3 carrots, cut into 3" pieces
6-7 garlic cloves, halved
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Directions:


Put beef bones into large pot. Fill pot with water to cover bones. Add onion, celery, carrots, garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer for ~4 hrs. Skim fat as necessary. Strain and discard bones and veggies. Bring to room temp (or chill in ice water bath) before storing in fridge/freezer.

Enjoy in soups, stews and pot pies. My favorite recipe using beef stock is Beef Stew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails