Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Soup!

When I'm cold, I eat soup. I really love soup and I love to make it, too. It's so easy and delicious! I just dig around in my fridge and see what I can throw into my big stock pot. Tonight's soup was delish. It was just what I needed to warm me up! Dig deep in your fridge and throw it in the pot. Don't worry...it'll turn out great!

Really. Tasty. Soup.

Soup with Pork, Veggies and Elbow Macaroni

Ingredients:
  • 6 c chicken stock or beef stock (I used 3 c beef and 3 c chicken stock because that's what I had in my fridge and needed to use it up)
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • half bunch spinach, stems removed and washed
  • 1 carrot, shredded
  • 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 15 oz can corn, drained
  • 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 c elbow macaroni, uncooked
  • 2 pork tenderloin medallions, grilled and cubed (leftovers from the night before- throw in your "meat" of choice)
  • crushed tortilla chips (I omitted as I didn't have any)
  • monterrey jack cheese, shredded (to taste)
  • sour cream, optional (I mixed taco seasoning into fat-free sour cream for a little extra flavor)
  • habanero sauce, optional
Directions:
  1. Heat stock in large stock pot and bring to boil.
  2. Reduce heat and add chili powder, salt and pepper.
  3. Add veggies, beans, macaroni and pork. Simmer at least 10-15 mins or longer to let flavors really mingle.
  4. Pour soup into serving bowl, add crushed tortilla chips, sprinkle of jack cheese, dollop of sour cream and dash of habanero sauce (or your fave hot sauce).
  5. Enjoy with slice of bread and/or salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails