The boys really LOVE this bread!
My 8 year old is bored of sandwiches yet he asks for them every day as long as I have honey wheat bread for him. :)
- In a large bowl, dissolve the honey powder in warm water and then add yeast. Set aside for 10 mins until yeast resembles creamy foam.
- Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Put mixture in stand mixer bowl.
- Slowly work in 6 cups flour. Knead dough until smooth. Use a little more flour if needed.
- Place in well oiled bowl, turn once to coat the entire surface of dough with oil. Cover with clean, damp cotton cloth.
- Allow dough to rise about 1 hr or until doubled in size. Let rise in warm area free of drafts.
- Punch dough down. Knead for few minutes and divide in half.
- Shape into *loaves and place into two well oiled 9x5 loaf pans, seam-side down.
- Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes. When you thump top of bread, it should sound hollow.
- When done, immediately remove from bread pans and cool on wire rack.
- Brush hot loaves with butter, optional.
Update: 1/24/10- I bought new large loaf pans and baked bread for the second time. I followed the directions from the *Note above and rolled out the dough and then rolled the dough tightly in hopes of having better shaped bread the second time around.