- Leftover bones and skin from whole chicken.
- water (enough to cover chicken bones)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 3-4 celery stalks, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2-3 carrots, cut into 2" pieces
- Italian parsley, handful chopped
- 6-7 garlic cloves
- bay leaf
- Put chicken carcass into large pot.
- Fill pot with water to cover carcass.
- Add seasonings, celery, onions, carrots, parsley, garlic and bay leaf.
- Simmer for ~4 hrs. Skim fat as necessary.
- Strain and discard bones and veggies.
- Bring to room temp (or chill in ice water bath) before storing in fridge/freezer.
Chicken Vegetable Soup