Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chocolate Banana Cupcakes

I had ripe bananas and wanted to bake something other than my standby banana bread. I have a really tasty banana bread recipe I got in high school from my good friend's mom but I wanted to try something different. As I was checking out the pics on foodgawker's homepage, I found this recipe for chocolate banana bundt cake. What perfect timing. I made cupcakes instead because the leftover cream cheese frosting I had was not enough to frost a whole cake. These were a nice change from plain banana bread and seemed healthier than regular chocolate cupcakes. :)

Delicious and nutritious!
Well...for the most part anyways. :)

Chocolate Banana Cupcakes

Yield: 9x13" cake or 24 cupcakes

Ingredients:
  • 2 c flour
  • 1 1/3 c sugar
  • 2/3 c cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 c butter
  • 1 1/4 c milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3-4 bananas, mashed or pureed
  • 1/2 c mini chocolate chips (if desired)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray pan with Pam or line cup-cake pans.
  2. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl and set aside.
  3. Mix butter, milk and vanilla extract. Mix well, then add to dry ingredients.
  4. Mash or puree bananas and add to batter.
  5. Pour into prepared pan.
  6. Bake for 45-60 mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  7. Let cool. If frosting, cool completely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails