Yield: 6-8 servings
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated (can use ground ginger)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- slices of lemon for garnish
- 2 green onions, sliced
- crushed red pepper
- hot chili oil
- 1 c chicken stock
- 2/3 c lemon juice (original recipe stated 2 tbs lemon juice but this is "lemon" chicken, right?)
- 4 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2-3 drops yellow food coloring, optional (I didn't add this)
- Wash and dry chicken breasts and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place chicken in shallow dish (or ziploc bag) and add rice wine vinegar, honey and ginger. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in deep saute pan and add chicken pieces. Stir chicken often as they tend to stick together. Cook over medium heat.
- Add sauce to chicken. Bring to boil and stir often. Add yellow food coloring if desired. Cook until sauce has thickened.
- Serve with rice and garnish with sliced green onions. Add crushed red pepper and hot chili oil to taste.
Source: Cook Asian Food